Last weekend we travel to Austin to be part of the ACL Festival 2018. With friends, fun and great variety of great bands playing, we spent the weekend at one of the best festival lineup of this year. Check out our TOP 10 of bandsand artists that we enjoyed last weekend, and it will help you if you´re going to Weekend 2.
10. BØRNS – The american singer, songwriter, and multi-instrumentalist, Garrett Clark Borns put at the ACL the rythm with his freshy and catchy indie rock songs, like “We Don´t Care” and “American Money” and “Sweet Dreams.”
9. illenium – Electronic artist and Denver Based Nick Miller better known as illenium have us dancing and enjoying the hot afternoon at ACL, with the hits “Crawl Outta Love,” and “Take You Down.”
8. CHVRCHES – With a painted frontwoman of Scottish band, Lauren Mayberry like a warrior style, the band sounded great, with tight rocking pop songs that the giant sea of an audience loved. “Miracle,” “Leave A Trace” had the people dancing and singing.
7. Justice – Once again, the D.A.N.C.E was part of our system. Justice made everyone jump and enjoy from the first song to the last one. “Love S.O.S,” “Randy,” and “Audio, Video, Disco” were one of the songs played.
6. Residente – Latin America had to be part of the celebration. And Residente, singer from Calle 13, had a blasting performance, playing their best songs from his debut solo album and the hits from Calle 13, Residente had the people dancing and having the time of their lives. “Somos Anormales,” “El Baile De Los Pobres,” “Atrevete Te Te,” and “El Aguante” was part of his setlist.
5. Phoenix – One of the last acts to be part of the ACL, they covered Childish Gambino set time pretty well. “1901,” “Fior Di Latte,” “Lazzo,” and “Ti Amo” were a part of the songs the indie rock french band Phoenix played last weekend.
4. Deftones – Chino and band weaved through “Rocket States” and “Around the Fur” to kick their set off. He brought out his guitar for “Swerve City” after playing the hit “My Own Summer,” were both energetic.
3. Arctic Monkeys – Powerful performance. Driving us back and foward from “Crying Lightning,” “Brainstorm,” “505,” “Tranquility Base Hotel + Casino,” and “Do I Wanna Know?” it was one guarantee quality act.
2. Metallica – First time at ACL, they blew out our minds. James Hetfield and the band just made the best ending for day 2 of the weekend 1 of ACL. “Hardwired,” “Seek & Destroy,” “Fade To Black,” “One” and “Master Of Puppets” you know it was a good show.
1. Paul McCartney – Playing 2.5 hours of music spanning his solo career, Wings work, and of course his tenure with The Beatles, McCartney unleashed one amazing song after another. Opening with a rocking version of “A Hard Day’s Night,” McCartney and the band set the tone early. Moving back and forth between playing bass, guitar, and piano, Sir. Paul was the best part of the weekend.