As it approaches its tenth edition, the world’s only gourmet music festival, Outside Lands, announces the lineup for its smash hit experience, Cocktail Magic. Joining Wine Lands and Beer Lands, Cocktail Magic is the third drink-centric destination within Outside Lands. With this trifecta, festivalgoers can imbibe in the Bay Area’s best sips and create just the right drink pairing when feasting on the festival’s 200+ menu items.
Outside Lands will take place in San Francisco’s historic Golden Gate Park August 11-13, 2017; Metallica, The Who, and Gorillaz are among the 70 acts performing. A limited number of Single Day and Three-Day tickets are available at www.sfoutsidelands.com.
Cocktail Magic’s electric décor, with neon bars and a Cocktail King standing at nine feet tall, was created in collaboration with David Korins Design, set designers for Broadway’s Hamilton. Magic Castle’s Jon Armstrong and friends will mirror the wizardry behind each bar by performing mind-altering illusions for guests.
The menu of shaken and stirred concoctions spans six bars and twelve cocktails, representing both new and iconic watering holes in the city. These include:
- Alembic, one of the original pioneers in San Francisco’s craft cocktail movement
- Homestead, a Victorian-style parlor bar
- Horsefeather, with throwback concoctions playfully named after wine coolers from the 80s and 90s
- Pacific Cocktail Haven, new to the city’s cocktail scene and loved for its provocative menu
- Trou Normand, a favorite for its laser-like focus on French brandies
- Whitechapel, a celebration of the wonder of gin from the team behind Smuggler’s Cove
With everything from Long Rhum Buck to The Brown Wolf on the menu, cocktails will hit all of the right notes using ingredients like muddled shiso, noccino and salted watermelon juice. Drinks are priced a la carte and available for purchase to those 21+. Cocktail Magic is located within McLaren Pass, in close proximity to the sugary confections of Choco Lands and the wild performances of Gastro Magic.